Rainbow Raw Vegetable Rolls with Soy Sauce
Vietnamese “Rainbow Raw Vegetable Rolls with Soy Sauce” filled with a rainbow assortment of vegetables and fresh herbs. Roll up and dip into soy sauce. It can be your light, fresh, healthy, crunchy, full of veggies and so delicious meal. Do you need more reasons to love it? Here they are – quick, fresh, full of nutrients and fibre and no cooking. This recipe is from my Weight (Fat) loss Programme.
✓ 7-8 rice papers
✓ 1 beet finely grated/ julienned
✓ 1/2 yellow, green and red pepper, thinly sliced
✓ 1/2 cup red and white cabbage thinly sliced
✓ 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
✓ half of an avocado, thinly sliced
✓ cucumber, julienned
✓ 3 green onions, thinly sliced
✓ 1/2 cup baby spinach, sliced thinly (optional)
✓ sesame seeds (optional)
You can add any herbs of your taste
1. Finely slice all veggies (the size of veggies can depend on the size of your rice paper)
2. Prepare your working area. Fill a large shallow dish with HOT water and submerge a rice paper to soften for about 15-25 seconds until it’s soft and flexible.
3. Gently shake the excess water from the rice paper and transfer to a clean surface.
4. Add your veggies (or any other desired fillings e.g. fruits) and gently roll over
5. Repeat this process until you have run out of veggies or rice papers
6. Serve with dipping sauce, in my case, it is soy sauce
You can store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days.